April’s here! And I hear Yellowknife’s not the only place experiencing a snowy spring (oxymoron, much?)
Never fear, climate change hasn’t permanently eradicated Spring yet. It shall come. It shall come.
That in mind, I thought April would be a lovely month to blog on the theme of money and our hopes and dreams.
Watch for the first “serious” post on the topic on Wednesday. But for now, I think a lot of us (in Canada, anyway) could do with a bit of escapism so my we-can-all-dream-can’t-we Question, should you choose to answer it, is WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WON $1,000,000?
This money coach is not advocating gambling, and in fact is utterly perplexed by the Vegas phenomenon, but when my co-worker invited me to pitch in $25 in exchange for an entire year of lottery tickets with my colleagues I *ahem* did not turn it down.
I know exactly what I would do if I won $1,000,000.00
I would …
1. Quit my day job, with reasonable notice.
2. Do something extravagant as a one-off, like two months in Argentina, and likely include one or two super-close friends/family.
3. Donate an equal amount to #2 above to a not-for-profit.
3. Freeze the remaining (less living expenses) funds in some kind of secure investment for a full three months while I carefully reflected on how to proceed.
5. Divide the balance (about $900,000.00) evenly between investments and investing in my own business.
OK Readers, over to you. You win $1M. What do you do?
Photo Credit: Buzz Bishop (Hi Buzz!)