Guest Post by my high-school classmate Cheryl (thanks Facebook for the reintroduction!), a Jolica Gift Consultant residing in Saskatchewan.
I have been with Jolica since May 2009 and the journey has flown by, full of fun challenges and rewarding results.
This Fair Trade company showcases the quality hand-workmanship of artisans from Chile, Peru, Nepal, India, Thailand, and India. We focus on accessories: silk, cotton, viscose, pashmina, and alpaca scarves; leather and tapestry handbags, totes, briefcases, and wallets; 925 sterling silver jewelry; semi-precious stones; painted glass jewelry. The items are uniquely hand-crafted; no two are exactly alike!
Here’s my “Top 10” reasons I love being involved with Jolica:
1. Jolica’s products are Fair Trade. Our products are not mass-produced under questionable work conditions; we know who made our items and where they come from; we can even have a relationship with these individuals!
Jolica is proud to be a member of the Fair Trade Federation and to change lives in countries around the world through conscious commerce. We encourage our guests to be intentional about their purchases because their choices, about what and where to buy, matter.
2. We are proudly Canadian! Jolica began in September 2005, in Ontario, the dream of Ted and Darlene Loewen and friend, Ann-Michele Ewert.
3. The Jolica Foundation
Since Jolica began in 2005, five percent of every retail purchase has contributed to changing lives through the Jolica Foundation. We have been honored to provide insecticide-treated mosquito nets in Tanzania, space heaters for homes of the Chilean artisans, kitchen gardens for Afghani women, the gift of sight for people in India blinded by cataracts, or community respect and training for women who test milk in Pakistan.
4. Our prices are fair and reasonable.
–and as a gift consultant: –
5. We have an amazing leadership team by the names of Ted, Darlene, Ann-Michele, and others who listen to our input … and all of whom I would call “Friend”!
6. Sale items count towards party totals. Customers can order from our discontinued product list at reduced rates and still have it benefit their friend, who is hosting a party.
7. As part of our partnership with Jolica, we receive a wonderful free website that we can personalize.
8. Shipping is so very affordable -Only $5 to party host’s address! Our customers do not have to pay postage for returns. And we have an amazing Lifetime Replacement Policy.
9. We have Jump Start – this program lets you count your order twice: when you order as a guest and when you host your own party – it benefits both your friend and you, when you host your own parties.
10. Our incentive/reward trips visit the artisans with whom we partner; we don’t go on touristy cruises… instead we get to meet the locals and discover the true flavour of a place, and I love that!
The products and business opportunity are open to people in both Canada and the United States.
There are several ways that you can partner with us to make a difference in our world:
*Purchase a gift – On behalf of our committed gift consultants, our talented artisans, and the entire Jolica team, we want you to know that your purchase matters; your party matters. Every Jolica party and every Jolica purchase matters to people in many corners of the world.
*Host a party or fundraiser – As a Jolica hostess you know that your party is not just about you. Of course you enjoy the benefits of a generous hostess plan, but the enduring rewards of hosting a party are felt in the effect that you have on artisan communities through Fair Trade and the Jolica Foundation. Your party can dramatically benefit the livelihood of an artisan in Thailand, the eyesight of an East Indian child, or the life of a Pakistani woman.
*Join our team of gift consultants – Jolica gift consultants love that they can help other people while earning an income themselves. They are delighted to find an opportunity that aligns with their values.
If you would like to know more about Jolica, please visit my website or send me an email: FairTrade @ sasktel.net
Find us also on Facebook and on YouTube.