If you haven’t yet discovered Krystal, she’s a must-read in the personal finance world. People in their 20s will particularly resonate with her posts – they’re fresh, relevant and frank. She beats the pants off me when it comes to knowing how to stretch a dollar, and still live well. Krystal tagged me, so here goes!
4 Things I’m Passionate About
1. Social Justice. I want to live in a world where human decency and compassionate conduct is the norm.
2. God. I’m the last of a dying breed: a mainstream-religion person (and spiritual too!)
3. Community and friendships, sine qua non.
4. Ideas. I bliss out watching TED, or reading philosophers/theologians.
4 Words or Phrases I Use Often
3. Off the bed, daschunds! off.the.bed!
4. Hey, I have a question …. (proceeds to ask question)
4 Things I Want to do Before I Die
1. Take piano lessons again. Be able to play some of the great pieces.
2. Make a significant difference in the world, somehow
3. Run for public office (Green, FTW!)
4. Speak to a crowd of 10,000 and survive
4 Things I Have Learned From the Past
1. We don’t have as much control over things as we think
2. Losing my temper is never worth it
3. Sometimes things go right, after all. *yeah Obama! *yeah Gregor!
4. Life is worth living, even when things are awfully dark.
4 Places I Want to See or Visit
4 Favourite Restaurants
4 Things that Happened Yesterday
1. It was my third last day at the bank (sniffle)
2. Had a great evening and bottle of wine with a neighbour and we both regretted that we finally got around to it only now that I’m leaving
3. I received the formal letter of offer for my new job
4. I started to panic about getting a tenant for my gorgeous condo
4 People I Tag
1. Miss Thrifty, my kindred spirit in the UK
2 Rebecca the beekeeper in the maritimes who helps me understand geek stuff.
3. Pete Quily who blogs and coaches re: ADD, yet is one of the calmest people I know.
4. Jonathon, because his politics are so, so different than mine, yet I seriously listen and consider his point of view (no small feat).