How financially mature are you?
Are you like a kid?
- You don’t think much about money at all
- You assume or hope someone other than you will ensure your financial needs are met
- You take little responsibility for your financial life
Are you like a teenager?
- You earn an income but don’t really have a plan for it and don’t think too much about the long-term future
- You think there is a “backup” other than yourself if something were to go wrong financially
- The majority of your money goes towards feeling or looking good in the moment
Are you like an adult?
- You “own” your finances
- You are educated and informed about money
- You ensure your current needs are met and also plan and save for the future
Are you like an elder?
- You are wise about what money is, and what it is not
- You are creating / have created a legacy with your money
- You have an inner peace about money
ps: I’ve known loads of teenagers who exceeded their years in their maturity. I’m basing my analogy above on my own teenage years! So no “diss” intented to teenagers 🙂