Pop quiz! Right here, right now, what do you know about your own money?
- What is your take-home pay each month?
- On each of your credit cards, what is the interest rate?
- What is your credit rating (score)?
- When (which year) will your mortgage be paid off in full (if you have one)?
- How much disposable income do you have left for this month?
WELL? How did you do? These are all questions about the core of our financial lives. FWIW, I didn’t know the answer to one of these questions myself, which just goes to show, effectively managing money is an ongoing process and even money coaches need to remind themselves of that fact!
It’s financial literacy month, so if most of those questions left you scratching your head, why not book yourself a couple 30-minute dates with your money before the end of November? If you want to boost your financial literacy (after all, it’s your own money), you know where you can find help.
Photo Credit: Dave Bleasdale