Maggie, usually the dashund girl with the iron stomach, threw up a million times last night, poor thing.
Last time she got sick in the middle of the night (allergic reaction to bug sting) I spent 1am – 4am in pet emerg, and spent $300 only to find out really she just needed an over-the-counter antihistamine to reduce the swelling.
That got me thinking last night. I have saved a trip to europe by purchasing no-name equivalents of tylenol, asperin etc. I also like shopping at Winners.
Obviously I never want to put my ‘hounds health at risk, but this got me thinking: what are the doggy equivalents?
- I purchased an Expensive Bottle of Oil that I add to their food to keep the boy dog’s skin from itching. Recently, I heard bottles of fish-oil-pills will do the same. Anyone know if that’s true? Or other suggestions?
- I purchase raw chicken wing tips from my favourite hi-end doggy store. There’s a really inexpensive human-meat store a block away. Any reason it would be less safe to buy the same from them? And spend my savings on other stuff at the hi-end doggy store like those gorgeous pillows?
- Any suggestions of plants that are good to help the dogs throw up when they need to? (sorry to be gross on the blog)
- What about cheap toys? (they love squeeky stuff)
- And if anyone can recommend good value dog walkers that specialize in small dogs (Vancouver) let me know.