And for our ongoing Frugal Friday posts, just in time for Valentine’s Day, a Guest post by beauty expert: Jessica Krznaric!
The holiday we either love, or love to hate is just around the corner – the big V day. Whether you’re spending Valentine’s Day to celebrate the love of a relationship or the love for a friendship, don’t forget to show appreciation to the most important person – yourself! These six beauty steals are not just inexpensive but great for the ego. Plus, the entire loot racks in under fifty bucks. I think I’ll love myself every month…
Six Feel Good Beauty Steals
1. Sebastian Whipped Crème – I recently discovered this one thanks to my hairdresser. It truly is magic in a bottle for a great price. Used as a conditioner, volumizer and heat protectant (you’re already saving!), Sebastian’s Whipped Crème is packed with protein and shine removing the brittle from hair and replacing it with a boost. Ranges around fifteen dollars or even less if you order online!
2. Ponds Cleansing Towelettes – My skin is ultra sensitive (wonder who gave me that gene, thanks mom), and finding the right facial products sometimes seem next to impossible. But there is a great product that works with you, not against you. Ponds Cleaning Towelettes, cushioned with Vitamin E, offer a deep clean without breaking out or drying up your skin. Known for their makeup removal superpowers, Ponds Cleansing Towelettes adhere 100% to their lifelong motto: beauty without a hefty price tag. Ranges around six bucks.
3. & 4. Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara and Perfect Blend Eyeliner– I’ve tried all different price points of liners and mascaras and always seem to resort back to long-lasting favorites. Cover Girl’s Last Blast Mascara and Perfect Blend Liner make eyes fuller, darker and bolder. Layer the lid and lashes until it’s thick for the perfect result. Just over ten dollars for both.
5. Jergens Skin Firming Daily Total Moisturizer – If you want to feel sexy in your skin, Jergen’s is a lifesaver. You can’t help but smile every time you put it on. Maybe that’s because with every application you are toning and tightening your legs. I see it as a month’s worth of spa treatment for under eight dollars.
6. Carmex Cherry Lip Balm – You can kiss your chapped, cracked, burned and abused lips good-bye for as little as two bucks. Carmex Lip Balm’s legendary formula works fast to restore moisture and its SPF 15 protects lips from sunburn. Not only a great product all year round, Carmex has been restoring lips for 74 years. I’m sold!
Jessica Krznaric is the beauty editor of www.mysocialbeauty.com, the social networking site for the cosmetology and beauty industry, and works closely with the cosmetology educational sites, www.beautyschool.com and www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com.