Hey friends, and especially my northern blog and twitter pals – help me get fit in 15, and I have an iPod shuffle and $20 itunes card to give away in one week!
Here’s the scoop:
The Canadian Chiropractic Association want to encourage Canadians to get Fit-in-15 minutes a day.
So they’ve created a fun Fit-in 15 site where anyone can register and start recording their 15-minutes of activity
they challenged a handful of bloggers like me to take their 1-week Fit in 15 challenge.
If I do 15 minutes of exercise every day for a week, I’ll have an ipod shuffle and $20 iTunes card to give away!
But here’s the thing. I am sooooo NOT a gym person. And I’m not an early-morning exercise person. In fact, I’m not really an exercise person at all. I’d rather tweet.
Having said that, I’m determined to meet this challenge, and I’d love your help, Northern Facebook/Blog/Twitter pals.
Here’s how you can help, and how I’ll select the recipient:
- Leave a suggestion for some way to get exercise in Yellowknife that will help me get to know Yellowknife better and is approximately 15 minutes. It could be a great place to walk the dogs (I know about Niven and Frame Lake trails), or a nice (short) hike, or … whatever! A way to get some exercise! If you leave me a suggestion in my comments section, I’ll give you a point towards the prize. (If you’ve never commented on a blog before, dive in! Click on the word “comments” down below. You’ll be asked for your e-mail but nobody sees that but me. You can choose a fake username instead of your real one if you want. And if you don’t have your own blog, don’t worry about completing the url)
- Drop by my blog any/all day each week. I’ll be posting my activity every day. If you leave me some encouragement, I’ll give you another point for each comment (one/day)!
- Do an activity yourself and leave a comment on my blog letting me know what you did! Anything, for 15 minutes. I’ll give you two points each time you do this!
- Spread the news! For each person you refer to this post who leaves a comment (ask them to mention you’d referred them) per above, you’ll get a point!
- Register on the Fit-in 15 Site yourself! Let me know, and I’ll give you 5 points!
Mostly, this is about finding ways to incorporate a bit of activity in our lives that’s fun, do-able, and will, over time, give positive results. Hope you’ll jump in (ha ha) with me on this!
BTW, here’s what I did for 15 min. per day (tell me you can see the difference … )
(and yes, this took me 15 minutes!)