I’m on a roll. Here’s another business who keeps me well satisfied. With food, that is. Organic food, delivered fresh to my door every couple weeks.
It’s called SPUD: Small Potatoes Urban Delivery.
Here’s what they did to win my heart:
- After I signed up, they called me. Not to cross-sell me. To make sure everything had gone smoothly. And they did this a couple times.
- When I asked them if they could take my payment from my bank account 3 days after delivery to coincide with my paycheque, they said yes. And they did. And they didn’t make any mistakes. They just did it, no hassle.
- When I called a couple times because the bananas were too green for my liking, they credited my account. Just like that.
- When I said, “I get the rubber bin for delivery, but I live in a tiny condo and the bin takes of 20% of my real estate” they arranged for mine to get packed in cardboard boxes which I recycle. And they didn’t guilt me out about it.
- They cross sell the way I like. Online, they have little teaser images of gorgeous looking food playfully enticing me. And know what? I usually can’t resist. And it’s usually an cross sell that makes sense to me. I don’t feel used. I feel… taken care of, if you know what I mean.
Yikes! Forgot the obvious: it’s organic. The cause me to be more thoughtful (each order points out how far my food travelled). They teach me about something I care about – eating better, in a way that’s better for the planet too.
Readers: Any businesses that you use, that would get a rave review from you? esp. any ‘green’ businesses?
Update: A former client just told me SPUD included me in this week’s ‘website of the week’! That’ s too funny! and I want to be extremely clear – this is a completely unpaid for, unsolicited post. I like them a lot, pure and simple.