We’re midway through the summer, folks, and there are still lots and lots of free or nearly free events to indulge in. Let’s max out on summer!
- Illuminares Lantern Festival, Trout Lake Park, this Saturday evening. Mysterious, enchanting, it’s another world altogether.
- Cultural Islamic Festival July 27, 28 11am-7pm by the Vancouver Art Gallery, celebrating diversity.
- Caribbean Days Festival this weekend at the Waterfront Park in North Van. Huge turnouts, crazy fun.
- Fireworks! Starting tonight (Wed., then next Sat., Wed., and Sat) over English Bay.
- and then of course, there’s a simple glass of lemonade on the deck, with a magazine and some great tunes on the stereo.