A Money Coach in Canada

Follow & Subscribe

GAH!

See this unsightly, unseemly pile? This pile, friends, this pile has been with me since I moved up here from Vancouver 2 years ago. I kept it out of sight / out of mind in the back of some shelving which worked until The Renovations (more another time on that) started this week. Nobody tells you to Beware the Resurfacing Piles when renovating, do they.

It’s time for me to deal with it, and deal with it I shall. There’s nothing crucial or time sensitive (or if there is, I’d better hang up my hat) but it’s a bunch of money-related its and bits I need to toss or sort and file. I reckon it will take 90 minutes. So, every day when I return from work, it’s straight to this pile for 15 minutes until it is all properly sorted.

Now don’t go all harshing on me for this epic failure. I bet several of YOU have a pile somewhere of financial papers that are in a similar state of disarray. Care to join me in ‘fessing up and dealing with it? And we can lift a glass to one another next weekend when we’re done?

About the Author


Imagine if Canadians were known for being all over their money. Engaged. Proactive. Getting out of debt. Savvy. Saving. Generous. Nancy wants to help. Nancy started her own journey with money over 15 years ago, and formed her company “Your Money by Design” in 2004 to help others along the same path. It’s not the usual financial advising/investment stuff. It’s about taking control of day-to-day finances –managing monthly cashflow effectively, spending appropriately, getting out of debt, saving. If you're ready to take control over your finances, pop by her business site, YourMoneybyDesign.com

3 Comments

  1. Yes. The pile is on the dining-room table, and it lives there 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time, I have convinced my husband to move it somewhere else. I don’t look at it at all myself.

    I know, I know…
    Megan´s last [type] ..Is this place at your command

    [Reply]

    Mar 13, 2011
  2. Rahel Bailie

    I have one of those. It’s left-over from a period when I was divorcing & moving, moving in with my GF, and then moving in our house. It’s in a big box,a mix of filing, records and all sorts of stuff. I just want to burn it. And I don’t have the copious amounts of free time to deal with it. Oy!

    [Reply]

    Nancy (aka Moneycoach) Reply:

    Rahel, care to join me in at least taking a stab at it over this coming week? I’ve love some virtual company!

    [Reply]

    Mar 13, 2011

Leave a Reply




CommentLuv badge